Sunday, January 24, 2010

Beaking news & Race news

In breaking news team member KBD recently dragged a local undesireable wearing a jacket stolen from his jeep in to the police station. At this point he went to the front desk and said "book em Danno". Officer Curtis replied "who's Danno". It is rather sad that our local police force is not forced to watch re-runs of Hawaii 5-0 to learn the tricks of the trade. Once the dust settled the jacket was returned to it's rightful owner for drycleaning. Good work KBD!!!

In race news the entire team except late entry dark horse AS cracked like walnuts. GW and myself got 3 penalties, JC two penalties. It was decided that the stagger was 17min on the way up so I therefore placed second to the the even splitting AS. JC's last lap was 4 min and 27sec slower than his first lap which is rather embarassing for the team. I can hold my head high as I only had a difference of 4:25. GW was 4:14 but I think he found a website to manipulate the results in his favor.

Next weekend is Telemark, a pursuit race. JC was already trying back out which is not surprising. The reality of having a job and a phone is starting to wear down the young fella :)

5 comments:

KBD said...

Another solid race boys, well done. No DNF's!!!!

Indeed, KBD has been reacquiring property that had been unlawfully removed from his vehicle.
Jacket has gone to forensics actually for a full analysis and de-tox. So to satisfy the need for some white powder ABD & myself set some new tracks on the newly christened 'Overdose' trails.

More importantly how did Pat finish up? Will I see her on the start line at Osoyoos his year, I think I can take her.....

drtommy said...

Lucky for JC Pat was a DNS. Her arthritis flared up. On the bright side JC would have been 5th in the Mens 50-59. I do know Pat skipped this race to focus on Telemark next weekend. Perhaps JC knows this and that is why he is trying to back out?

Anonymous said...

Tom,check yer slowtwich mail box!thanks,cam.

jonnyo said...

I cant beleive what i m reading! I have race with honor, didnt get lap, and i m the only memeber of the team that as 100% finishing rate at the overlander race. I m not a flake like mister even and GW that finish once in ahwile...

take that....

Mister consistancy

ABD said...

I have a 100% finishing rate at Overlander...