Friday, July 10, 2009

Last Weekend, This Weekend,

Last Sunday the Earth moved in Stony Plain, AB. Team leader DBD, crushed the 'Great White North Half-Iron' course in such a way that they are still surveying the damage.
"It's just un-repairable" said a frustrated Pat Smith who's in charge of street repairs for the area. "I've seen some shit-kicked out of roads in my time but this takes the cake". Smith provided these photos of the damge and an image of the man he thinks is responsible. "If I see him up this way again I'll be giving him a shovel, I know he works with small tools and fixes things so he should come and take responsibility for the mess he created", a now angry Smith says.

Smith looking at the damge cuased last Sunday

The Suspect, center page with shaved head

The editor can also confirm that shortly after this picture was taken DBD disappeared, and it wasn't to shirk away from relaying some pavement. "I had to undergo mandatory age-testing, I was pretty much whisked away and went through a comprehensive series of tests to prove I was the age I submitted on the entry form".
DBD was asked to identify several pictures of automobiles and advertisement's, music snippets and popular Beer brands all hailing from an era that no one knows much about.
All tests were passed without issue apart from the 'Personal Memory' section that registered a 'fail' until a medical certificate was produced confirming that DBD is in fact 'hugnent'.
"It's a relatively new disorder & research is still being done on it's effects on the human body. I'm not taking anything for it (yet), I'm resilient enough to handle it" DBD comments.

ABD put on another solid performance @ the GWN, despite having to race on a ripped up course.
A top ten result on a less than optimal day is a respectable showing. "I've moved on" says ABD.

Meanwhile in Squamish BC, TBD & KBD attacked a short course event with valour & vigor.
TBD so much so that he was on world record pace for a majority of the day untill he was politely informed that the run course was in fact two laps. Some pride and a few places lost, but an AG win nonetheless.
KBD swan like a girrafe, rode like an Ox and ran like a gazzell. "I raced to an animals of africa theme" he says. I even camped out the night before to get myself in the mood at a Candian safari park but the only thing I saw was a rabbit"

Flying the Flag in Squamish

This weekend both DBD & KBD will both 'back-up' in the Desert Half in Osoyoos. I wouldn't place any money on them as they got enough of that last week.
ABD will be supplying beverages post-race or perhaps during if circumstances dictate. It'll be hot enough to thats for sure.




3 comments:

Mr. Waterman said...

Good luck boys!! Let me know where the beers will be flowing on Sunday! I will be camping this weekend in the Shuswap, wish I was able to come down and support the team! (as my membership is still pending - I will buy the first round!)

ABD said...

ABD and ABDGF will be sure to have an adequate supply of fluid replacement products tomorrow so that the hydration needs are met for the team members competing at the Desert Half. Product will be available pre-race, during the race and post race. If the 'prize giving' takes as long as it did at the Oliver Half, we may need to have another tailgate party....Mr. Waterman, you can buy the next round!

DBD is lucky to have a such a good group of friends and training partners to help him get through his condition, known as Hugnant. It's been said that symptoms of this condition can last up to 9 months!!

Darren Mealing said...

9 month's? More like the rest of his life!!!